Raša, a town in the inner part of the Raška Cove in the south-eastern part of Istria, 4.5 km southwest of Labin; elevation 10 m; population 1,970.
Is situated in the valley of the Krapanski Brook. Raša is Istria's youngest town, planned and built for the needs of the Raša coal mines (1936). Coal mines were closed and today is the chief occupation farming. The church of St. Barbara (patron saint of miners) has the roof in form of an overturned coal wagon and a bell tower shaped as a miner's lamp. The whole town displays a modern type of the infrastructure of those times.